Friday, September 23, 2011

Prepare for student-led conferences

This is what we learned the first quarter of language arts.
Reading Skills

Writing Skills
Speaking Skills
Text Features
Question the Text
Preview the Text (BIG FOX)
Discussion Questions
Note-taking (Fact Fragments)
Clause
Compound Sentence
Complex Sentence
Writing Plan (Web, List, Chart)
Eye Contact
Loud and Clear
Natural Rhythm
Meaningful


Write a letter to your family about your successes and challenges in language arts. You will write three paragraphs, one for each skill set. Include an explanation about the reading log. You may use the letter below as a reference, but feel free to change words and phrases to better reflect your experience.
September 23, 2011
Dear Family,
In the first quarter of language arts, I learned reading skills, writing skills and speaking skills. In reading, I understand ___________________  and ________________ .  I do not understand ___________________ as well.
In writing, I learned about __________________ and _______________________ . I want to improve my writing by _____________________________ and ______________________________ .
In speaking, Ms. Avery expects us to _____________________ . I think I can ________________________ .

No comments:

Post a Comment