Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thesis Trees, a writing plan

You have written a thesis for each Children of the Lamp essay question. Today I instructed the class to make a graphic organizer for each prompt. Here is my example.

Evaluate Groanin's wish to have no more wishes. Why is this a wise wish?

                                 Even though you may be careful,
                                 wish can be a curse.

"He frittered away his first two                        My family moved to a new
wishes on something really                              house with a smashed mail-
useless" (Kerr 116).                                        box. I said, "I wish we had
                                                                     a new mailbox." My mom
                                                                     gave me a new mailbox
                                                                     for my birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment