Friday, August 12, 2011

Expectations with a Substitute Teacher

Today we went over expectation when I am absent. I expect students to respect all adults in the building, including the substitute teacher. Students read the discipline procedures that are included in my plans for any substitute teacher.

DISCIPLINE Procedures: I have clipped Minor Incident Reports to the folder. Paperclip all signed MIRs to the substitute folder.
Students earn an MIR for violating an Irvington Way expectation: safe, responsible, respect, involved, and focus. For example, if a student has his or her head on a desk, issue an MIR for not being involved. If a student speaks rudely to you or his or her peer, issue an MIR for respect. Issue an MIR for horseplay (safe). Issue an MIR for chewing gum or tardies (responsible). These are the typical reasons students earn an MIR. Please make a note if any students have made severe infractions (insubordination or cursing, etc.), and I will write a referral when I return. Please leave me all signed MIRs. I want to have a conversation with each student who earns an MIR before I distribute these to their homeroom teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment